Summers bring along a lot of sun. Its so hard to stay safe from it as you do have to go out and do your stuff. The sun’s ultraviolet rays increase production of melanin in the body, which results in sun tanned skin. After getting a sun tan, it is not easy to bring your skin back to a normal state but with patience and care it can be done. So how can we protect our self from the sun’s UV rays and also the tan it gives you. You can buy many available sun screens and skin whitening products but then you also are very apprehensive that whether they are good or harmful for your skin. Instead of spending money on expensive cosmetic products, you can try some natural treatments. There are many simple natural treatments that can lighten a sun tan and restore a lighter complexion without any harmful side effects.
1. Lemon Juice: Cut a lemon and rub a slice on your tanned skin. Allow it to sit for some minutes before washing it off.
2. Cucumber Extract, Lemon Juice and Rose Water: Mix one tablespoon of each of the 3 ingredients in a bowl and dab it generously on your tanned skin.
3. Yogurt: Yogurt is very effective in minimizing a sun tan as it cools the skin as well as reduces redness and tightens the pores.
- Take a cup of plain yogurt and add the juice of one cucumber and one tomato.
- Next, add half a cup of gram flour (besan).
- Apply it on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 30-45 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Simply apply some fresh yogurt on your skin daily before taking a bath. For best results, add tomato juice and lime juice to the yogurt.
4. Potato: Raw potato is an excellent remedy for sun tanned skin. Surprisingly, it is rich in vitamin c and hence, works as natural bleach. It also helps soothe sunburn.
Peel the skin off two to three medium-sized potatoes, cut them into chunks and put them in a blender to make a paste. Apply the paste generously all over the affected skin area. Let it dry for about 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. For best results, can add some lemon juice to the potato paste before applying it.
5. Gram Flour: Gram flour is very useful in treating a sun tan as it helps remove dead skin cells and leaves your skin bright and young. You can use the gram flour powder available in market or make a paste of whole green gram.
- Mix the gram flour in water and rub it all over the affected skin area.
- Wait 20 minutes before washing if off with water.
- Do this twice a week for a few months.
For best results, use rose water instead of plain water. You can also mix some lime juice and yogurt into the paste.